Emmy Rossum's album, Sentimental Journey, was just released on January 29th. It is an album of classic cover songs from some of the most beloved artists of the last century. Besides releasing an album, Emmy currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless and the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th. Emmy will also be making an appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th.
For this album Emmy chose a song to represent each month of the year. About the album, Emmy said, "Each song needed to either lyrically or emotionally reflect the corresponding month. Some songs were obvious fits, like Summer Wind for June, and Pretty Paper for December. Others songs were less literal fits. I chose Nobody Knows You (When You're Down and Out) for September because, to me, the plaintive melody and lyric emotionally reflect the cold weather creeping in and the sense of melancholy we can get in the fall months."
Emmy has a very classic voice that sounds like it came from another time. The whole album is very mellow and perfect for listening on a Sunday drive. She sounds like she might have been a singer back in the 50's. I enjoyed listening to her calming voice. I think my parents and even my grandparents would enjoy this album. "I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover" even reminded me of my grandfather!
To find out more about Emmy, you can follow her on Twitter. You can also check out the music video for "These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)". Sentimental Journey is available to purchase now on iTunes or Amazon.
Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
This is a review post sponsored by One2One Network. I was provided a copy of the album for my review and I am entered in a prize drawing. All opinions shared are my own.