Thursday, June 18, 2015

Joy Williams Venus Album Review




Joy Williams was part of the Grammy winning duo The Civil Wars which broke up in 2014.  Her solo album Venus is set to be released on June 29th.  
Venus tells an honest story of Joy's life over the past two and a half years.  As her band broke up, she had a baby, moved, and generally worked on improving herself, all of her struggles and emotions are shared in these songs.  Joy asked herself, “Is it true to me, even if only to me?  If it wasn’t true, it didn’t get on the album."  
My favorite song is One Day I Will.  It makes you feel like there is always hope even when things are hard and nothing seems to be going right.  The sound of this album reminds me a little of Annie Lennox.  It is different then what The Civil Wars offered but she has definitely made some inspiring choices on this beautiful solo album.

Venus will be available to order on Amazon and iTunes and will be released on June 29th.






I participated in the Joy WIlliams Venus album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

No comments: