Friday, April 8, 2011

Yanni Truth of Touch {Review}

Yanni. What can I say. Before hearing this album I would always say that Yanni made me yawn. I guess I never really gave him a chance before. I thought it was only music older people would like. I am glad to say that I gave Truth Of Touch a chance and was pleasantly surprised. I actually really enjoyed the album. My two favorite songs were Can't Wait and O Luce Che Brilla Nell'Oscurita which both had vocals but all of the instrumental songs were great too. My husband told me I should now listen to some of Yanni's older albums. I just might give those a chance too.

This is Yanni's first release of original compositions in over eight years. “I work the rhythms in this album,” explains Yanni about the new material. “There is a beautiful complexity in these rhythms, a new sound design. I think the melodic content is very strong and very memorable. I was having fun with this album and that’s going to become apparent.”

Yanni is currently on a 40 date tour that kicked off on March 22. The tour will take him to major cities across the US including Radio City Music Hall in NYC, Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, and good old West Valley City here in Utah on April 30th. You can check out all the tour dates here. To learn more about Yanni and Truth Of Touch, make sure to visit his website.

This review is my personal opinion. I am entered to win a gift card through One2One Network by posting this review. The Truth Of Touch album was provided to me free of charge by One2One Network.



No comments: