Friday, May 6, 2011


Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Yanni concert in Salt LakeCity, Utah. I know what most people are thinking. It's the same thing everyone thought when I was trying to find someone to go with me. Yanni? Really? I even had someone offer to babysit so she wouldn't have to go to the concert. I probably would have thought the same thing except I quite liked his latest album. So when I was asked to review the concert, I thought, why not. It can't be that bad.

And it was not that bad. In fact, it was great! Yanni really puts on a good show with some very talented musicians in his band. He played a good mix of old and new songs and had every member of the band perform a solo. The harp solo was pretty cool and the violinists were amazing.

Yanni was really finny and kept making jokes throughout the whole show. He even joked about Spring in Utah (we have snow one day and then it is 70 degrees the next). He also enjoyed talking with the audience. One woman even got a kiss after asking, If dreams really come true, can I have a kiss?
I could tell that he is very passionate about his music and finds a lot of joy in the performance. The song he wrote for his mother, Felicia, was very beautiful. He also, performed about four encore songs. Yanni will be on tour through May 22. To see if he will be in a city new you, please visit his website.


This review is my own opinion. Concert tickets were provided by One2One Network.

1 comment:

Malia @ One2One Network said...

Thanks for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed the show!