Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mary Lambert Heart on my Sleeve Album Review


Heart On My Sleeve is Mary Lambert's debut full-length album.  She first came into the spotlight for writing and singing the hook on Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ marriage equality anthem Same Love.  Then she signed with Capitol Records and released Welcome To The Age of My Body.  I actually did not her about her until her song Secrets started playing on the radio.  It is one of my favorite songs right now, so I was very excited to receive the full album!

Mary said of her album, “It’s a statement for me as an artist, but also a statement for me as a human being. I spent a lot of my life feeling really small and worthless, and to put out an album where I’ve gotten to say exactly what I want is gratifying beyond words. It’s a moment for me not to be a doormat anymore and to feel powerful and hopefully inspire that in other people in a way that's fun and makes people feel something. I think that's the message of the whole thing.”

I enjoyed the whole album!  Secrets is definitely the most catchy, but the other songs remind me of music that used to be on the T.V. show Dawson's Creek.  The songs are mostly about love and relationships.  There is also a cover of Rick Springfield’s classic Jessie’s Girl that is slower and darker than the original, but a great addition to the album.  This is definitely one of my favorite album right now! 

To find out more, visit Mary Lambert's official site.
You can purchase Heart on my Sleeve on iTunes and Amazon now.


I participated in the Mary Lambert Heart On My Sleeve album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.   

No comments: